Note: You will want to mute the music below prior to watching the videos.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Waiting Patiently

Two weeks from today I will have surgery to replace my extremely uncomfortable expanders with nice, soft, silicone implants. Tomorrow will mark 5 months since my bilateral mastectomy. That is so hard to believe. That same day I had my expanders put in and have been uncomfortable since. I can't tell you how much I am looking foward to getting them removed. December 29th will be the final chapter of this journey. I will continue to see Dr. Ellis throughout 2009. Although some days are harder than others, I am believing that I have forever been healed from cancer. I continue to pray everyday that God would show me how to use what I have been through to touch the lives of others. I will continue to listen and wait patiently. I know God will open that door when He is ready.

Now that I am feeling better and moving on with my life, I am trying to make the necessary choices to ensure a future without cancer. However, eating right and exercising (or just finding the time to do so) does not always come easy for me. I would appreciate your prayers in regards to this matter. I want nothing more than to take the life and body that God has so graciously blessed me with a second time, and honor and glorify Him. Doing this requires me to be less selfish with my time and more obedient in what He wants for my life. I want to do EVERYTHING I know how to live the rest of my life cancer FREE! Happy Holidays and God Bless!

1 comment:

*Erica* said...

Girl, God has already used you to touch the lives of others...especially ME! You have been an inspiration to me and my entire family as we have joined you on this journey for the last 3 months. Like, when I shaved my head, I would show Katie pictures of you when you shaved your head and she wasn't so freaked out anymore! And I can't tell you how many times I have pulled up your blog just to hear the inspiring music playing or to read the Bible verses on your page. Thank you for being my friend and for being a great example of a survivor. And probably the greatest compliment I can think of, thank you for being a woman of God. He is totally shining through you and whether you realize it or not, you are already an inspiration and He is already using you! Love you, friend!