Note: You will want to mute the music below prior to watching the videos.

Monday, December 8, 2008

Living a "Normal" Life

Hello Everyone! Last night as I was scrolling through different blogs, I realized that I had not updated mine since my last chemo treatment! This made me realize two things: 1) My life the past two weeks has resumed to almost the way it was before I was diagnosed with cancer. Since my last treatment, I have felt better and better each day. 2)Not updating the blog means that I have been spending less time on the computer and more time with Charley and Ryan, out and about. What a wonderful thing! I would normally be gearing up for another treatment this week and not having to plan a trip to St. Louis is a little odd, but I'm not complaining.

Ryan did have to give me the Neulasta shot last time and that has contributed to some bone pain, particularly in my lower back. I still have tremendous pain there occasionally. I know it is a side effect of the Taxol and that the Neulasta only magnifies that pain. The pain is getting better with each day and if this is the only lasting side effect, I am blessed!

I would ask for those of you reading this to pray for my friend, Mary, in New York. As many of you know, we were diagnosed at about the same time, and have undergone our surgeries and treatments at the same time. We met through my blog and have been great companions for each other through all of this. Mary is having her reconstruction surgery tomorrow along with a hysterectomy and her ovaries removed. Please pray that she would have a quick and speedy recovery and that the surgery would go smoothly.

I hope you are all having a blessed December!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your return to normal, Mel. That's one gift you've received from all of this - a new appreciation for "normal". None of us should take it for granted. What a champ you are. Happy holidays!

Cindy said...

Mel - It was great meeting you last week at the Casting Crowns concert! You are just as beautiful in person as you look on this blog! Congrats on your last chemo treatment and I pray for many blessings for you on your journey AFTER cancer!!
Cindy (Hilary's neighbor)