Note: You will want to mute the music below prior to watching the videos.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Day By Day

I am pleased to report that the past three days have been terrific! Yesterday was a great day! I had enough energy to do three loads of laundry and take Charley outside to play in the sprinkler. God is so good! Besides these stinkin' drains, I am feeling great! I spoke with my oncologist yesterday and we have my first chemo treatment set up for August 11Th. That is just two weeks from this coming Monday. I am hoping to be fully expanded by that time so that chemo can go on as scheduled. If all goes as planned, my last chemo treatment would be November 24Th allowing enough time for my permanent implants to be put in place before the end of the year. It really is cutting it close, but I continue to be faithful that God will allow everything to work out in His perfect timing.

My mom went to visit her oncologist today for her yearly check-up. While at her appointment, she picked up all of her records from when she had cancer. On August 17Th, 1989, my mom had her first chemotherapy treatment. That is almost 19 years to the day that I will begin chemo. I'm sure my mom never thought that 19 years down the road she would be witnessing her daughter go through the same thing. I pray that 19 years from today there will be a cure and chemotherapy will be a thing of the past.

I know this journey with breast cancer is something that God is using in my life for His purpose. I'm not clear exactly sure how He plans to use me, but I would ask that you would all pray that He guide me in a direction that is glorifying and honoring to Him. I know this is just the beginning of something great for my life and my family. I just have to sit, wait, and listen as the Lord prepares me for whatever it is that I am supposed to do.

Finally, I would like to mention that I over the past week I have received some wonderful meals. Ryan and I feel so blessed to have had meals provided for us. Thank you Hilary for being the meal coordinator. This afternoon I see my surgeon for a post-op check-up. Hopefully, he will think everything looks great! I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

beccaw said...

I am so glad that you are recovering so quickly, it amazing what God will do if we just ask! I can't believe you start chemo in 2 weeks, that is crazy. It will all be over before you know it! I guess wig shopping needs to be top priority, I'll try to call you tomorrow and we can plan something. We pray you continue to feel better and better.
Becca