Note: You will want to mute the music below prior to watching the videos.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Today Is A Better Day

Wow. What a difference a day makes! This is the first day I have actually felt pretty close to normal....with the exception of having drains and no breast. OK, I guess I should quit saying that I don't have breast. The plastic surgeon was kind enough to expand me to a pretty decent size. I woke up having more than what I expected. Now I just have to focus on getting them the right size and looking equal to one another. I will be glad when the expanding process is over because it is really uncomfortable, especially since the expander's are under my breast muscle. I just keep telling myself that this time next year (hopefully this time in six months) this journey will be behind me and I can look forward to a living the rest of my life cancer free.

A couple of days ago I did a post requesting that you all pray for some very specific things. Well, I knew I could count on you because like always, your prayers worked. Today, I was actually able to wash my greasy hair, dry it, and yes girls...even straighten it with my best friend, Chi. And, on top of that, I applied my make-up. I know.....shocking! Please keep you prayers coming! If all continues to go well today, Ryan and I are planning on going to the Wednesday night prayer service at church. I want nothing more than to get out of this house and go and praise God for all that He has done for me.

I love what God is doing in my life. I pray everyday that He would continue to use me, strengthen me, and show me the true meaning of life! Thank you Lord!

2 comments:

beccaw said...

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better! I knew it was just a matter of time. It was so good to see you and get to talk a bit. I can't believe how good you look, just wish I could have seen you today after the chi go ahold of you! Glad you guys enjoyed the food, I can't wait to bring more. Keep on truckin along, you're doing great! I think you're right that the hardest part is over. I'll call you about your hair. WE love you and hope you feel even better tomorrow!
becca

Mary Stephenson said...

Well I have never had quite the ordeal you have been through. But I can relate to the greasy hair thing ~ I couldn't wait for the first wash after my c-sections. God Bless!