Note: You will want to mute the music below prior to watching the videos.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Susan Komen Race 2010


Thank you God for Life and for the ability to bring hope to others!  On June 12th, I ran (ok....I ran 1/2 of the time but that is only because it was 115 degrees) in the Susan Komen Race in St. Louis. Last year was my first year to run the race and it was at that time I decided that I would participate every year that I could from that point on. Being a part of the Susan Komen Race for a Cure is amazing. There are no words to describe the number of women affected by breast cancer or the number of people who participate. This year there were nearly 72,000 participants and 3.4 million raised to end breast cancer forever! It felt so good to have Ryan and Charley there with me. Charley actually walked in the Survivor Procession with me and that was EXTRA special. If you have never participated in a Susan Komen Race, I would highly encourage you to do so...whether you have been directly affected by breast cancer or not. It is incredibly inspiring to see so many come together for an amazing cause. Below is a link to a slide show I put together of the Race. The song "I Run for Life" by Melissa Etheridge plays along with the slide show. I heard it for the first time the day of the race and it really prepared me to run (walk) 3.1 miles. You will have to watch the slide show several times to hear the entire of the song...but it's worth it!  Enjoy!

Susan Komen Race 2010

No comments: