Note: You will want to mute the music below prior to watching the videos.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Deflated

I'm alive...in case your wondering. It's hard to believe that in just one week I will be on the road to St. Louis for another chemo treatment. I'm just now getting over the last one. The good thing is that I am feeling better. The worse symptom at this point is achy bones. I know this comes from the Neulasta shot that Ryan has to give me 24 hours after my chemo treatment. The Neulasta shot helps get my white blood counts back up to a healthy level so that I can have another treatment, which is a good thing. However, one of the side affects of the shot is mild to moderate bone pain. The best way to describe it is the way you feel when you are achy from the flu and we all know how that feels.

My other major complaint this past week was my chest. Since I have spent so much time sleeping and not up moving around, the weight of my chest was really starting to get to me. I woke up several nights in a row gasping for a breath. The lack of oxygen was making me nauseated. The pain and nausea meant taking more pills which meant more sleeping. I really didn't like the way the pills were making me feel and I knew that I could not continue this pattern until my final implant surgery in December. So, I went to the plastic surgeon today and got deflated. Not all the way, but he did remove enough saline on each side to provide some relief. There was an instant difference. My chest had been so tight before and now there is actually a little give. I'm happy and hopefully I will rest better tonight.

I know some of you are wondering, and yes, I still have my hair. I feel like a weird science experiment. Everyday I wake up expecting to see a huge clump of hair on my pillow. I was told I would start losing it within 10 - 14 days and today is day seven. I figure I have just a few days left with my hair and then it's Asta La Vista Baby. Oh Well. It'll grow back.......right?

Finally, I want to thank everyone who has sent me an email. So far I have received 110 emails and I'm pretty sure I have responded to every single one. All the encouraging words and kind gestures have really helped me the past week. I would like to give an extra special shout-out to Ryan. He has been incredible. God has blessed him with a kind and gentle spirit. He has made every effort to help me, encourage me, and remind me why I am fighting so hard right now. I love him for the husband he is to me, and even more, for the dad he is to Charley. I am truly blessed to have such a supportive and loving family. God is so good and I know He will continue to strengthen me each day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to know that you are feeling better and still hanging in there. Love the slideshow!!