Note: You will want to mute the music below prior to watching the videos.

Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm Tired!

Wow. What a day. I think this is the first time I have actually sat down all day, with the exception of dinner and when I had blood drawn. Whew. I know most of you are probably wondering how my dentist appt. went. Well, I am proud to announce that I did remember where I was and did not make a complete fool of myself. Some of you were actually kind enough to remind me of my appt. today and I am grateful. I have to say that when they put the X-ray protector on me, I couldn't help but smirk. The thought of wearing only that was amusing.....and somewhat scary. Despite the crazy, stressful day, some good did come out of it. First, I had no cavities and my teeth were in great shape. For those of you that know me, you know that this is not common. I have bad teeth. Always have, always will. However, God was gracious today and for once I was able to walk away from Dr. Rosen's office with a "clean bill of health." I was also comforted in knowing that Dr. Rosen's office is praying for me. I am amazed by the banner of prayer that Ryan, Charley, and myself continue to receive. Keep it coming!!!

After the dentist I ran a few more errands in preparation for Charley's 2ND birthday this Saturday. I am so thankful that I won't have to begin chemo until the following week. Once again, God has been so gracious in His timing. Thank you. From there it was on to to the hospital for some pre-admission paper work and lab work. Tomorrow is what I consider the "kick-off" to chemo and treatment. Tomorrow is the day I get my port. For those of you who are not familiar with a port, it is a small device that goes under the skin between the breast and collarbone. The port will be used to directly administer chemo without having to find a vein and do an IV each time. I will have the port until I have surgery in November. I am so anxious about this procedure. A part of me can't wait because that means I am one step closer to being cancer free, and another part of me is scared, anxious, and somewhat fearful. I know having the port will make this whole ordeal much more real. The port will symbolize that I am sick and will be a reminder that I have cancer. Heck, now that I think of it, the port shouldn't be a big deal at all. If I want a reminder, I'll get that in a few weeks when I lose my hair!! Never mind.....Bring on the Port! I check into the hospital at 9:30 tomorrow morning but the procedure won't actually begin until after 12:00. In addition to the port, they will be doing a biopsy on my lymph nodes. I'm not sure if we'll know anything tomorrow, but please continue to pray that they would be negative. The less involvement, the better. Charley will be spending the day with her Nana and Grandpa so I know she will be in good hands. Hopefully I will have enough energy when I get home to give you all a quick update.

I also heard back from my OBGYN today regarding my annual exam that I had done last week. ALL CLEAR!!!!! This was very comforting to hear. I now have one less thing to worry about. I am working very hard on keeping all my medical issues above the waist....OK, above the ribs and below the shoulders.

Thank you for your continued prayers and please don't give up on me. I know sometimes we feel like we are repeating ourselves or that our prayers become redundant. However, I know a God who hears our prayers and especially those that are repeated over and over and over. We show our faithfulness to Him when we don't give up and continue to ask for His healing hand to come upon us.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Mel,

Kevin and I want you to know that we are going to run this race right beside you. We are here to pray, we are here to pick you up when you are down, and we are here to celebrate when the physicians tell you the cancer is gone. Tomorrow starts the fight and you are going to WIN. God will give you the strength to prevail. We love you, Hil and Kevin