Note: You will want to mute the music below prior to watching the videos.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

World's Greatest Mom

I have the most incredible mom in the world. I don't know how else to start this post. Yesterday before leaving for chemo, I went by my mom's house to pick up all my medications. My mom had been kind of enough to take all my prescriptions and have them filled for me. Throughout this entire process she has done SO MUCH! It is because of her (and the grace of God) that I am able to get my treatment at Barnes. She is the one that overnighted all my information to Barnes so that I could get a second opinion ASAP. She has also taken care of numerous issues with my insurance. I am so glad that God healed her 20 years ago and that she is here to help through every step. She's been there. She's knows what I can expect.

Yesterday she presented me with a chemo kit to put in my car for our trips up to St. Louis. She had purchased a blanket for me, a small cooler to keep bottled water and lemonade in (she even purchased a pink lemonade for me to take to chemo), a good book to read, a bag of lifesavers to suck on during treatment, a bag of trash bags, a box of Kleenex, an extra pillow, and even a container of wet wipes (don't ask!). As she was giving me all these things I realized how incredibly lucky I am to have a mom that is alive and cares so much about me. I cannot begin to imagine how it must feel to see her daughter go through this. I would be devastated if I had to witness my child go though anything remotely similar.

Mom you truly are the greatest. You and Dad have both gone above and beyond. I love you so much and I know you will be with me in spirit tomorrow. This in an incredible place filled with hope. Thank you. God has had a hand in your life though all of this. He has allowed you to be in the right place at the right time, working efficiently. I could never thank you enough. Please know that you are amazing. I love you and dad so much!

2 comments:

Melmom said...

All these years I have wondered about the purpose behind God's healing, now I know why.

It is amazing what we can learn from our children. Thank you God for the gift of Your healing power, for our children, our grandchildren, and the gift of Your Holy Spirit.

We love you Mel...

Hilary said...

Okay Reed Women,
You guys both had me in tears. I too am so glad that Mel has such wonderful parents to love and care for her. Mel I can remember at your wedding when your mom walked down the isle to light the unity candle. I thought, "What a gift from God to have your cancer surviving mom at such a special day". Today I know why she survived and that is to inspire you to get through this. She is doing a remarkable job supporting you, Ryan, and Charley during this time. You both are a great source of HOPE for me. I love you both! Mel kick that CHEMO's butt today. I am thinking of you. Hang in there. Talk to you later. Love you, HIL